Salmon with Wild Blueberry & Basil Sauce
• 2 tbsp. fresh basil
• 1 cup frozen blueberries
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 tsp. lemon zest
• 1 tsp. flour
• 2 tsps. butter
• 1 tsp. maple syrup
• 1 tsp. Adoro Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
• ¼ vegetable stock
• 12 ounce salmon fillet
• 2 tbsp. Mild EVOO
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Finely chop basil and set aside
2. Pour the frozen blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, flour, butter, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and vegetable stock into a small saucepan. Stir to combine.
3. Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until 50% of the liquid has evaporated. Should still be relatively runny. Stir in finely chopped basil, remove from heat and set aside.
4. Add salmon filets to a pan skin down and cook until the skin is crispy and golden, then flip.
5. Continue to cook the salmon until it’s just cooked through. Salmon should flake when gently pulled with a fork.
6. Place salmon on your serving plate and top with blueberry sauce.