Roasted Potato and Green Bean Salad
1 1/2 lbs. potatoes (Yukon gold, red, or purple – chopped into bite size pieces)
2 tbsp Basil olive oil
½ lb. green beans, blanched
1 jar borettane onions (President’s Choice has them)
1 small red onion, sliced thin
½ lb. pecorino toscano, cut into ½” cubes (alternately use a parmigiana)
1 cup pesto – add more to taste
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F. Take clean & dry potatoes, toss them with basil olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Place on sheet pan and roast until fork tender and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes, depending on size.
- While potatoes are roasting, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and throw in green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes. Immediately remove and place in an ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- Quarter half a jar’s worth of the borettane onions and set aside.
- Place roasted potatoes, green beans, both onions and pecorino toscano in a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup of basil pesto and toss gently to combine all ingredients.