Provence Roasted Trout
1/4 cup Herb de Provence olive oil
4 whole boneless rainbow trout
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
8 thin slices lemon
1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
2 cups watercress leaves
4 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees with a rack set in upper third of oven.
- Place trout on parchment place baking sheet skin-side down. Season cavity of each trout generously with Provence evoo, salt and pepper; top each with 2 to 4 sprigs of thyme and 3 lemon slices.
- Fold over to enclose the trout and season the skin with salt and pepper; brush lightly with more Provence evoo.
- Transfer to oven; cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Rotate pan and continue cooking until skin is crispy and golden brown and flesh is just opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss watercress, radishes, feta, and walnuts with vinaigrette. Divide salad evenly between 4 plates.
- Transfer trout to plates and serve immediately with a dollop of creme fraiche.