Marinated Greek Yogurt with Pita Chips
- 4 cups full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Oregano Balsamic
- 4-6 pitas
- 3 tablespoons single varietal EVOO (plus more for drizzling over the yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon za’atar seasoning (plus additional for sprinkling over the yogurt)
- Drain yogurt using a clean dish towel or several layers of cheesecloth. Squeeze as much liquid out of the yogurt as possible, place yogurt in the refrigerator overnight to drain further (easiest way to do this is by setting a bowl with a strainer fitted on top or inside, place your yogurt filled towel/cheesecloth inside the strainer).
- Once the yogurt has drained, remove from the cloth and place in a bowl along with the balsamic and stir to combine.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush pitas with oil and season both sides with za’atar.
- Grill pitas for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway through, until slightly crisp and lightly charred.
- Remove from the grill and cut into wedges.
- Place yogurt into bowls, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with za’atar seasoning.
- Serve with pita chips, tomatoes, olives, cucumber slices and herbs.