Maple & Herb Marinade
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup maple balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (or more if you like heat!)
- To make the marinade, in a small bowl or jar, whisk together maple balsamic vinegar, butter olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, fresh thyme, salt, pepper and pinch of cayenne pepper until all combined.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish or a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag and add most of the marinade (Its recommended to reserve a little bit of the marinade to brush on the chicken later while grilling)
- Place the chicken in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours. When ready to grill, remove the chicken from the dish or bag, shake off any excess and discard the leftover marinade.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium heat and brush the grill with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Grill the chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and no longer pink (chicken should have an internal temp of 165 degrees).
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!