Homemade Citrus Dill Gravlax with Horseradish Cream
- 1- 1/2 lbs. salmon side (pin bones removed)
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons gin or vodka
- 1 tablespoon Citrus Mint Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons Dill EVOO
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels and place in a large glass casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, sugar and pepper.
- Drizzle both sides of the salmon with gin and balsamic, sprinkle with seasoning mix, using your hands to coat the salmon (both sides) completely.
- Cover the casserole with plastic wrap, place weights on top (a plate topped with a couple of cans works really well) and refrigerate for 3 days.
- Every day, flip the salmon over and return the weights on top.
- Once the salmon has cured for the 3 days (it will be firm to the touch and glossy), remove from the casserole and lightly rinse with cool water.
- Brush salmon with Dill olive oil before thinly slicing and serving.
- Place mayo, sour cream, horseradish and dill in a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Serve gravlax with horseradish cream and your favorite bagels and toppings.