Grilled Shrimp Saganaki-Style with Tomatoes, Olives & Feta
- 3 tablespoons Oregano Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons single varietal EVOO
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1lb. large shrimp, shells removed
- 1 each red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes pita or naan
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed Greek olives
- 1/2 cup block feta, cut into wedges
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley, stems removed
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Combine balsamic, olive oil and garlic in a large bowl and whisk to combine the marinade.
- Add shrimp, onion and tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Thread marinated shrimp, tomatoes and onions on skewers.
- Grill skewers until the shrimp are cooked through and the veggies are slightly charred.
- Remove from the grill, cover shrimp skewers with foil to keep warm.
- Place pitas (or naan) and lemon slices on the grill for 1-2 minutes, or until grill marks form.
- Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Place half of the grilled tomatoes in a food processor along with onions and salt.
- Blend until combined and slightly chunky.
- Divide sauce between bowls and top with shrimp, reserved grilled tomatoes, lemon slices, olives, feta and parsley.