Goat Cheese Stuffed Pomegranate Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4oz goat cheese
- Pinch Saltwest Roasted Garlic & Onion Sea Salt
- 1Tbsp Herb de Provence Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Balsamic
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1shallot, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a pocket into the center of each chicken breast, using a sharp knife, making sure to not cut all the way through the breast. Stuff each pocket with 1 oz of goat cheese, secure closed with a toothpick, and sprinkle each breast with a pinch of Roasted Garlic & Onion Sea Salt.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Brown each chicken breast on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Once browned, transfer the chicken to a plate, and set aside.
- Add the shallots into the same pan, and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Deglaze with chicken stock, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce just begins to reduce and thicken, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts back into pan and spoon sauce over the tops and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. To serve, drizzle chicken remaining sauce, and garnish with pomegranate arils.