Festive Maple Butter Salad
- 2 cups (480ml) walnuts, chopped roughly
- ½ cup (120ml) butter
- ½ cup (120ml) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) salt
- In a frying pan, heat butter and sugar over medium heat until dissolved and bubbly.
- Add walnuts and toss until completely coated.
- Keep cooking for 7-8 minutes for butter and sugar to thicken and coat the nuts properly.
- Season with salt, and transfer to a baking tray with parchment paper to cool properly.
- Reserve for salad.
- 8 cups (2L) baby spinach
- 3 fresh pomegranates, seeds only
- 1 cup (240ml) Feta cheese, crumbled
- Candied Walnuts
- ½ cup (120ml) Butter olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) Maple balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place spinach in a large serving bowl.
- Top with candied walnuts, Feta and pomegranate seeds.
- A good trick to remove seeds from a pomegranate is to cut the fruit in half, hitting the outside gently with a large spoon and letting the seeds fall through your fingers into a bowl of cold water.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together butter olive oil, maple vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper until nicely emulsified.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad, and serve immediately.