Dark Chocolate Slow Cooker Fondue
- 1 lb dark chocolate chips or whole bars chopped coarsely
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Traditional or Cherry dark balsamic vinegar
- Cookies, fruit, marshmallows or pound cake for serving
Special equipment: 6-quart slow cooker
- Heat a 6-quart slow cooker with insert on high until hot.
- Combine the chocolate, cream, milk, vanilla and salt and olive oil in the hot insert.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, then whisk the ingredients together and set on low.
- Whisk in the balsamic just before serving.
- Serve with cookies, cut up fruit, marshmallows or pound cake.