Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 tbsp Adoro Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 sweet onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 750g fresh brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tsp thyme, chopped
- ½ cup white or dry red wine
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh parsley and thyme to serve on top
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over med-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Add mushrooms and 2 tsp thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Add stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-med, season with salt/pepper and crumbled in bouillon cubes.
- Cover and allow simmering for 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in cream. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil).
- Mix in parsley and remaining thyme. Serve warm and enjoy!