Coconut Mango Balsamic Caramel with Pineapple
- 1 pineapple, trimmed, core removed and cut into ½” dice
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Mango Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Trim and cut the pineapple.
- Melt ½ stick of the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pineapple and a pinch of salt and cook until tender and starting to brown.
- Remove and place the pineapple in a bowl and add the brown sugar to the pan.
- Add more butter if necessary. Cook the butter, brown sugar mixture until bubbling.
- Reduce the heat and add the balsamics. (The mixture will bubble up.) Stir the mixture to incorporate the balsamics.
- Add the other half stick of butter and the heavy cream and simmer until reduced to a sauce consistency. Add the pineapple back to the pan and warm through. Place a scoop of ice cream in a bowl and top with the pineapple caramel mixture.