Citrus Grilled Salmon Eggs Benedict
Ingredients: Grilled Lemon Hollandaise:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Grilled Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup butter, warm and melted
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 4 English muffins
- 8oz smoked salmon
- Pinch of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Pinch of black pepper
- Fill large saucepan ¾ full with water and bring to a low simmer over medium-low heat.
- Place egg yolks, balsamic and Dijon in a heat proof bowl and whisk, until fluffy.
- Place the bowl over the simmering saucepan and, while whisking, slowly add the butter until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove bowl and set aside. Season hollandaise with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the saucepan, adding more water if necessary.
- Add eggs, poaching for 2 minutes, or until the whites are semi-firm and yolks are still runny. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Toast the English muffins until golden brown.
- Top toasted muffins with smoked salmon, poached eggs, hollandaise, thyme and chives and enjoy!