Chicken Scallopini & Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3 Chicken Scallopini (breasts)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp Adoro’s Butter Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Capers, drained
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Drizzle inside with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside.
- Halve each chicken breast horizontally, yielding two thin pieces per breast.
- Pat chicken dry and dip in flour, shaking excess off.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until deeply golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add Olive Oil, capers, onion and garlic – cook about 2 minutes. Stir in white wine, broth, and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper – simmering 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes stirring occasionally. Stir in cream and let thicken.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over to coat.
- Place chicken over spaghetti squish, add extra sauce on top and garnish with parsley before serving.
- Try drizzling the maple balsamic for an added sweetness.