Chicken Casserole with Rosemary EVOO & Fig Balsamic
- 2 tbsp Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 lb of boneless chicken breasts
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups of cooked wild rice
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with oil.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of Rosemary EVOO.
- Season Chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 1” pieces
- Heat another tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, garlic, thyme, paprika, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup broth, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, 5 minutes
- Place cooked rice in a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken, cranberries, cooked veggies, and remaining ¼ cup broth. Top with almonds and drizzle Fig Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary EVOO.
- Bake until dish is hot and almonds are toasted Approx. 15 to 18 minutes.