Blueberry French Toast
• 12 slices day-old bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 2 packages cream cheese, cut into cubes
• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• 12 eggs, beaten
• 2 cups milk
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 1 cup water
• ½ cup Adoro Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 tbsp. butter
1. Lightly grease baking dish. Add half the bread cubes and top with cream cheese cubes. Sprinkle 1-cup blueberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread.
2. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, honey, and blueberry balsamic. Pour mixture over bread. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, until center if firm and surface is lightly browned.
5. In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar, honey and water. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in the remaining 1-cup blueberries. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes until the blueberries burst. Stir in the butter, and pour over the baked French toast.