Blood Orange Brownies
- ½ cup unsweetened chocolate
- 1/8 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9x12 pan.
- On low heat melt chocolate in saucepan, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt butter, add blood orange olive oil, and incorporate one egg at a time. Add in vanilla, and then chocolate.
- Fold in dry ingredients and walnuts.
- Don’t over mix the batter.
- Pour mixture into pan, smoothing off the top.
- Bake from 25-30 minutes until brownies pull away from side of pan.