Berry Summer Salad
Ingredients for Strawberry Balsamic:
- 1 container fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 clove fresh garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup Adoro Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Salad:
- Mixed spring greens
- 4 strips cooked and crispy bacon, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- Place strawberries into a bowl with 1 tbsp of sugar. Use fork to mash and set aside.
- In a jar, add garlic, pepper, chili flakes, Adoro Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, honey, and olive oil.
- Strain strawberry mash with a strainer using a rubber spatula to press fruit collecting the juice in a bowl discarding any seeds. Secure lid and shake well.
- Arrange spring mix and top with grilled chicken (if using), avocado, berries, crumbled feta, chopped bacon, pistachios and drizzle the strawberry vinaigrette over and enjoy!