Beet & Bleu Cheese Salad w/Smokey Almond
- 2 cups marcona almonds
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (only if the almonds are not already salted)
- 1 lb. beets
- 2 tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 wedge bleu cheese, cut into smaller wedges or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, toss together almonds, Worcestershire, Blood Orange Olive Oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt until coated and combined.
- Place seasoned almonds on a baking sheet and toast for 4-5 minutes (watch closely to make sure the almonds do not burn). Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place beets on their own little squares of aluminum foil (enough foil to wrap around each beet). Drizzle each with Blood Orange olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap loosely, place pouches on another baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Roast beets for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool enough for you to handle them.
- Peel beets, cut into halves or quarters, and drizzle with any remaining pouch drippings.
- To serve, divide arugula between plates and top with beets, bleu cheese and almonds. Drizzle with a little more Blood Orange olive oil and Habanero & Honey Balsamic.
- Service with some crusty bread.