Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese
• 2 slices of bread (we prefer sourdough for this)
• 6 slices Havarti cheese (or combine mozzarella, Monterey, Swiss)
• Handful of spinach or arugula
• ½ cup fresh blueberries
• 1 tbsp. blueberry balsamic vinegar
• 1 ½ tsp. brown sugar
1. In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Turn on medium heat and let come to a slow boil. Use a utensil to crush berries as you stir. After boiling for about 5 minutes, pour mixture into a mesh strainer and let the juice syrup separate from the solid berries. You can save the syrup for drinks, pancakes or both!
2. Spread the blueberries onto a piece of bread, top with cheeses, spinach and then more cheese! Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
3. Toast both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted. Enjoy!